Sunday, December 14, 2008

Homemade Rolls

Over Thanksgiving, I made my first batch of homemade rolls. They turned out great, but I did have my grandmother on hand to guide me.
Now I'm making these same rolls for Christmas. And while I'm excited, I'm also scared. With homemade bread, there are so many small details to remember from not killing the yeast to remembering to punch the dough down. I just hope I don't screw up because I'm making them for my in-laws and while they are quite forgiving I would be totally embarrassed! Nonetheless I'm excited to spend pretty much all of Christmas Eve in the kitchen making goodies and treats while listening to Christmas music. Because I work so much I rarely have the time or energy to dedicate to cooking. My only hope is that I don't get too stressed that it's not fun anymore! I'll let you know how it all goes once it is done and finished with. Daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, we are excited to catch some of your Christmas excitement in a couple of days! The rolls look delicious...

    Kaci & Tom

    ReplyDelete