Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

With today being earth day it is a good time to celebrate honeybees. They are such industrious little workers. They have begun their spring attack of my Chanticleer pear tree. Honestly I don't know what they find so attractive about those blossoms because even though they are quite pretty they have the most disgusting smell. I can smell them halfway across the yard and they certainly do not invite me to stick my nose into their fluffy petals and inhale deeply. But there must be something about them that invites the honeybee to flit from blossom to blossom until his pollen sacs are so full that he has to head back to the hive. Without bees to help some of our fruits and vegetables along we would be in a sorry mess. So celebrate the dedication of the hardworking honeybee by slathering some golden honey onto a thick slab of toasted homemade bread and savoring the deliciousness. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment