Friday, March 14, 2008

Out with the Old, In with New

We decided to ditch the boring, stale, archaic look of our blog and jazzed it up a bit. Now it actually looks like something I would read! Okay now on to the questions...

What I was doing 10 years ago? Well I would have been one of those teenagers that my mom was trying to keep on the straight and narrow. I was a freshman at J.L. Mann and I was in the midst of soccer, swimming, homework, National Honor Society and the list goes on and on and on. In a few months my beloved brother would graduate from high school and move on to college. On a side note, my freshman year of high school is a treasured year as it represents a time when my brother and I were very close. He drove me to school every day and every Wednesday we would stop at Budka's (our favorite bagel place) and he would buy me a plain bagel with butter. I literally looked forward to that every week because it would just be me and him.

5 things on my "to-do" list today: Finish transcribing an interview. Go home and take a nap. Go to "The Other Boelyn Girl" with Emily. Get to bed early. Hydrate for 9 a.m. St. Patty's day party.

Snacks I enjoy: Basically anything that is fried. French fries, mozzarella sticks, potato skins, etc. Since obviously I can't eat these every day because I would be a blimp, I have started having a daily treat of grapefruit and I must say I enjoy the sweet juiciness of it even if I'm not that big of a fan of fruits and vegetables.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire? Travel the world, work at an AIDS hospital in South Africa, donate a bunch of money to them, and then save a little for a small cabin in the middle of nowhere.

3 of my bad habits: 1) I take after my father in that I have little patience and a quick temper. 2) I am obsessive compulsive in basically every detail of my life from writing to cleaning (yes in college I used to appreciate how the vacuum cleaner would make straight lines in the carpet). 3) I'm a perpetual watcher of reality TV (The Real Housewives of Orange County, anyone?)

5 places I have lived: Colorado, Virginia, Wisconsin, South Carolina and Chicago

5 jobs I have had: Lawn mower (yes I actually took over my brother's business), sales associate at the Oops Company, photo intern for the The Star in Johannesburg, reporter for The Greenville News, and associate editor at a magazine publishing company. Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment