Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm a Star!

First, I must apologize. I have dropped off the face of the earth the last couple of weeks--I have not posted on the blog, I have not emailed my friends, and yesterday I locked myself in the bedroom so I could catch up on work, thereby ignoring my husband. But now, at least for a week, work has settled and I'll be able to get back into my routine.

As a result of my busyness, I have not been able to post about recent exciting news. A couple of weeks ago my husband and I made our debut on TV. We were on Top Chef, a wonderful reality television show where chefs compete for the above mentioned title. Lucky for us, the chefs were at our local farmer's market and we just happened to be there at the same time. As we were picking our local fruits and veggies, we were in the midst of TV cameras. It was so much fun at the time, but I figured we wouldn't actually make it onto the show. But we did! And of course, my wonderfully loving brother saw us and the first comment he makes is: Couldn't you have showered? I mean really who showers and dresses up just to go to the farmer's market? I certainly don't and that's part of the fun...rolling out of bed to go grab a breakfast of fresh baked bread, cheese and fruit. Anyway that brief unshowered moment on Top Chef is now my claim to fame!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had seen that episode! I will look for it. I love Food Network. Last week while speaking in San Fran I got to meet a star from the Food Network... sort of. Elizabeth Falkner, a chef, judge on Top Chef, Iron Chef vs. Cat Cora. Anyway glad you are famous!

    -Craig

    ReplyDelete