Thursday, February 21, 2008

What was I thinking???

Having moved as often as I have, I am well acquainted with a paintbrush and could probably pull together a decent resume if I decided to paint for a living. In fact I have the genes for painting since my grandfather was a professional sign painter. I'm not talking about artistic painting, goodness gracious no. I don't have any artistic aptitude, but when it comes to slapping paint on a wall I am right there with the pros. So on that 5 ft. list of chores dear daughter outlined for me, I was to touch up the bathroom.

Now just let me clarify...I do know the differences between paints; oil vs. latex, flat vs. gloss but for some reason yesterday I grabbed the wrong can of paint. I proceeded to put paint here, there and everywhere and stood back to admire my handiwork. It looked great...that is until I walked in after it had dried and noticed that everywhere I had painted was duller than the original paint. I had painted a gloss surface with a flat paint. Needless to say dear daughter was quite dismayed and I am (sigh) repainting once again today. But this time I have the right paint! Mom

1 comment:

  1. Since I was raised by a professional
    sign painter, I know he would have said to me "read the lable first, before opening can".
    That list may get shorter,as well as your stay.. Keep up the good work Mom.

    ReplyDelete