Friday, February 8, 2008

Thank God It's Friday

I wake up this morning completely refreshed and looking forward to an easy-going Friday. I know that I have an interview at 9:30 a.m., but still I'm taking my time getting ready and just enjoying myself. My morning gets even better when I realize it's a great hair day! Feeling perky and good, I head out to the bus stop feeling super cute, of course because of my hair. The bus comes and I get on, but I fleetingly wonder why no one else gets on and why the bus is so empty.

When the bus turns west instead of east, it dawns on me: Crap, I'm on the wrong bus. Those of you who know me will know that I start sweating and practically hyperventilating because I don't know where I'm going or how to get to work. Then I take a breath and realize duh, I can just get off and take a cab. I take the bus a little further and get off at a stop I recognize. It's 8:48 a.m. and now I'm calling myself stupid because every cab I see is taken. I call my husband to find out where I am and he informs me I'm in for a long walk and I should just take a cab. Well, husband, thanks for the advice, but I've already thought of that!

So I start walking super fast so I can make my interview and finally after power walking better than any grandmother I know I get to the office just in time for my interview and a quick trip to the bathroom. In the mirror I survey the damage: sweat is dripping off my face, my shirt is kind of wet, and all of a sudden my great hair day is not so great anymore. As I sit at my desk with my bad hair writing this all I can think is thank God it's Friday and not Monday. Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment