Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days. I like getting cards, cookies, candy, kisses and hugs. When I was in grade school it was a festive day. We decorated shoe boxes in red construction paper and white lace dollies and then printed our names on them. It was always fun to buy a bag of valentines and then go through them to pick out just the right one for each of our class mates. The valentines were passed out and placed in each box then we had cookies and red kool aid. We didn't get to open the valentines until we got home. My sister and I would sit at the kitchen table and dump the contents out and read each one. We hoped that one special boy sent us a good valentine. I read in the paper today that schools today don't spend much time celebrating Valentine's Day because the schools are concentrated on teaching. Happy Valentine's Day to all. Grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment