Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back to the office

I filled in for our church secretary this morning from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Since I have been out of the secretarial field for several years this experience was humbling. Now you say what can be so difficult just answering the phone, checking the e-mails, making copies, directing people, sorting incoming mail and sharpening pencils. You would think putting phone calls on hold and directing them to the right person would be easy. Not for me, I dropped the first two calls after that I took their name and number so if that happened again I could call them back. Finally got the calls coming in and going to the right person. Next someone wanted copies made. We have this fancy copying machine which prints on both sides, sorts and does all kinds of things. Wouldn't you know that it would get jammed. After finding the directions and unjamming the darn thing, it ran out of paper! Next I used the electric pencil sharpener and ground up two pencils, finally got the third one usable before it was eaten. From now on I will appreciate what the secretary does and how she keeps it all straight. Grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment