Friday, February 29, 2008

Ah the Lonely Heart

Now I consider myself a reasonably independent woman who can support and entertain herself. I mean I was in a long distance relationship for a year and a half and worked and entertained myself every single day. Needless to say, I never thought I would become a sniveling idiot when my husband left for four nights to go skiiing in Utah, but the truth is I have become just that. I actually look forward to waking up in the morning and going to work, where I talk my co-workers ears off because I know when I go home it will just be me and good old American Idol. I mean seriously how many times can I tell the television that I love David Archuleta and he is the cutest thing ever? And around 9 p.m. every night I have started calling my mother just to talk about nothing and she usually gets fed up with me and says: "My show's on; I have to go." Maybe it's because she thrives on alone time and is actually happier when she gets it. Me on the other hand, I clearly don't thrive when I'm alone. I think the loneliness that I experience when my husband leaves is a product of us being together all the time because my friends have experienced the same thing. When you are used to coming home, and the lights are on and as soon as you walk in the door your husband gets up to give you a hug, coming home to an empty, dark apartment is a real shock. Needless to say I'm counting down the days until he gets back...2 down, 2 to go! Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment