Saturday, October 6, 2012

Zucchini Relish

Zucchini is a really weird vegetable. One day is cute and little and then within a matter of hours it is huge and trying to take over the entire garden.


While I like to pick zucchini when it is in a medium size there are times when it gets away from me and then I have the green hulk to deal with. This time I decided that zucchini relish was the best option for dealing with this beastie veggie. I cut it lengthwise in half and scooped out the seeds and pulp because who wants all those seeds gunk in their relish??? Note to self: Get a food processor so you don't have to grate giant zucchinis by hand!


There are a lot of recipes on the net for zucchini relish and they are all pretty much the same. Since I didn't plan ahead for letting the zucchini soak overnight in vinegar, I opted for this recipe. Also I didn't have 8 green peppers so I mixed it up and added several red peppers figuring that a little bite would add to the taste.


And voila` I ended up with 9 half-pints out of that zucchini giant. Next time I will cut down a bit on the sugar as this turned out a bit sweeter than I would have preferred, but overall tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment