Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's been 45 years

since President Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963. I was at home making bread when I heard the report over the radio. Its funny how vivid your memory is when something like that happens. The television was full of the news for days. Then we watched as Ruby shot Oswald, the news was on going. What a time in history!! I can remember the day Franklin Roosevelt died, I was in grade school and the elevator operator told me about it. ( Yes in those days you had ladies or men that manned the elevator, none of that automatic stuff for us. ) History books today contain the events we lived through. When I was in school, history seemed eons from what was happening or so I thought. I just remember dates and places we had to learn. Now I can relate to the depression, WWII, Roosevelt's death, Kennedy's assassination, Nixon's oust from office, Ford being shot, Korean and Viet Nam conflicts, and the more current events. It has been interesting living history instead of reading about it. Grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment