Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy One Year Anniversary!

One year ago this day was frantic with activity. Last minute preparations for an outdoor wedding at 3:30 and then it poured rain at noon. Thank goodness showers in the mountains usually are short-lived and that was the case for us. I can honestly say I am glad I only have one daughter. It is much easier to marry off sons...a whole lot less work! But daughter and son-in-law had a great wedding and now they are celebrating their 1st anniversary.


There aren't many brides who would scale rocks for a photo, but she did. This one is my favorite of all of them. Let's just say that high heels weren't made for climbing!

The cake was gorgeous and good tasting to boot. I have the top in my freezer since daughter and son-in-law live in another state. When my first anniversary rolled around my mom called me and told me that the top of cake was really good. She and Dad ate it. My husband and I were living in another state and we didn't get a bite of that cake top. I am thinking about continuing that tradition and taking the cake out of the freezer for my husband and me. It only seems right. PLUS the top is chocolate cake...and my son-in-law hates chocolate :) Mom

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know I'm sure that in the name of tradition...

    Congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete