Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good Smells!

Researchers say that smells can immediately transport us back to earlier memories. It's too bad that smell can't be copied because the smell emanating from my sourdough starter is quite overwhelming. How can something that smells so sour make something sooooooo good?


There isn't anything like kneading to release frustrations and talk about a workout for flabby arm muscles. No wonder my grandmothers never had jiggly arms!


It really is toooooo bad that you can't smell these. The aroma of freshly baked bread always transports me back to my childhood home, walking through the door after school and immediately knowing that Mom had just made a batch of freshly baked bread. She would always have to make 4 loaves because with our family it just never lasted. There is nothing to compare to warm bread right from the oven slathered with butter. OOOOHHH! So goooood!!!!!!!!! Mom

2 comments:

  1. The olafactory sense is our best and longest lasting sense. I found your sweet blog through Carolyn Gail's blog. Wonder if I can make sourdough bread that is gluten free.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee,
    Thanks for dropping in. I was curious about a gluten free sourdough starter after you mentioned it and just googled it. I found some recipes using brown rice flour and also found a site for gluten free flour, Doves Farm, but it is in the UK and I would imagine that makes the flour a bit pricey. Mom

    ReplyDelete