Saturday, July 19, 2008

Here it is

July 19th and I have no ripe tomatoes. According to the literature I should have had ripe tomatoes by the 10th of July. Right now I have a lot of green tomatoes on the vines but they don't look like they will be ripe soon. They are the greenest green and I am watching for that first touch of pink signaling they are ripening. I bought Early Girls and three of the plants look like they are but one plant has several little pear like tomatoes coming on. They look interesting but I don't remember buying them. That's what I like about gardening you never know what the plant will grow up to be. I have a lot of zucchini squash. We pick them when they are finger size and eat them with a cheese dip. Boy are they good! We embellish our table with other veggies from the Farmer's Market. This is the best time of the year for eating!!! Grandmother

1 comment:

  1. Our tommies are late this year too, don't know why.

    ReplyDelete