Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No hands dialing

Last week I finally got the telephone in my car hooked up after several minutes it was working. Now I have found out that I cannot chew gum and talk at the same time after years of trying. This morning I thought I would try calling home from my car. Some things I learned are, turn off the radio, roll up the window and PARK!!! After engaging the phone, hanging up and then trying to call again I found that I almost went through a red light, veered to the right and then I parked so I could focus on what I was doing. After yelling dial home at the button two times, the operator finally repeated home and my call went through. My son answered the phone, he asked what I was doing in Illinois. I told him I was calling from the car and was still in Colorado. The caller ID showed that the call came from Illinois. This is going to take time to master the phone in the car but I now know why people get upset with those persons that are talking on a cell phone and driving. I thought it would be safer to have no hands dialing but I will still park when I use it if I am driving. Grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment