Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dream the possible dream!

If you are going to have something you want to dream about come true, don't dream the impossible dream. In order to succeed you have to have something you can achieve. This was the subject of the sermon this morning. As I thought about it, I realized I have achieved one of my dreams. At the age of 65 I graduated from the University of Utah with a BA degree in Theatre studies. When I left high school there was no money to spend on college degrees. My folks did pay for a business course in which I earned good grades in shorthand, typing and bookkeeping. I used those skills to find a job and spent the next years in the insurance business. One of my dreams was to further my education but due to educating three children it was put on hold. My job took me to Salt Lake City and I decided to pursue higher education. I found myself with various students of all ages and found the time to study. Going part time it took 10 years but I finally received that diploma I desired all those years. So dream the possible dream. Grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment