Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wicked!

No, I am not talking about daughter's posting, even though as you all know there are two sides to every story. And I am not talking about the job list that is 5 ft. long that she has posted on her refrigerator with everything I am suppose to do while visiting her. But I am talking about the play "Wicked". Daughter took me to see it and it was wonderful. It is creative, imaginative and fun. The play is based on the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz and it is the story on how she got the bad rap of being known as wicked.

The stage scenery and lighting effects were absolutely phenomenal. Plays now are such a far cry from the stage plays of old. The technical effects are on par with movies. I don't want to spoil the plot in case you are going, but there is one scene where Elphaba (the wicked witch) defies gravity and climbs on her broom and floats up in the air. She is facing the audience but all you can see of her is her face and hat. The green, blue and purple lights form this magnificent spectrum to add to the effect by visually creating her cape. It is awesome! On top of that the stars who played Elphaba and Glinda had magnificent singing voices.

If you get the chance to see "Wicked" definitely go. I don't know how you can't help but be bowled over...and make sure to take your imagination with you! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment