Saturday, January 26, 2013

Crocheted Robot

This cute little robot came together easily although it turned out to be a lot bigger than I expected. I don't know why, since the directions specifically say 4 inches wide x 9 inches tall. Guess I missed that info, duh!


Even if he doesn't quite cut it as a favorite toy, he looks pretty darn cute just sitting on a dresser or the bed in grandson's room.


The eyes and mouth are embroidered on, so no choking hazards here. 


The pattern is found in this book. There are several good patterns to be made including cute sweaters, boots and slippers. My only complaint is that the little ones grow up too fast for me to keep up with getting many of the projects made!! The directions employ stitch diagrams which I haven't used before, but after I got the hang of them, I liked them and they kept me on track with the stitch increases and decreases. If you make "Bert the Bot", crochet fairly tightly to help keep the stuffing from showing through your stitches too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment