Sunday, May 16, 2010

Log Cabin Tulips


My art quilt group recently had a challenge to make a quilt using log cabin blocks, but with a spin on the log cabin pattern. I came up with this original design and created tulips. If you look at the tulip center and block off the two side triangles you will see the log cabin pattern. I added the triangles to make a tulip. I hand painted the background material with fabric paint, appliqued the tulips and leaves onto it and then threadpainted to add some dimension. The background is quilted in a simple, wavy line. Since this is an art quilt, instead of putting on a binding I satin stitched the edges to finish it off.

I like the quilt a lot but ended up giving it to my mom for Mother's Day. She liked it so much she is framing it. Mom
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment