Monday, March 22, 2010
I got the embroidery module for my sewing machine last November and after taking a couple of classes I embarked on a new adventure. I began with some animal designs thinking it would be a piece of cake. HA! Each color has to be threaded in the machine, and it is interesting when you break a thread or run out of thread in the bobbin. I am making good use of old thread left over from other projects. Finally after a couple of attempts I managed to make five squares. I was feeling very proud of my efforts so I put them together to make a small quilt. This quilt will be given to the Linus Quilt Project.
Feeling confident in my newfound ability I managed to take a design, add an initial and come out with a monogram for my daughter. I decided to place it on a piece of toweling and give it to her for her birthday. Now off to the sewing store to get more designs and thread. At this rate I will have to take out a loan to afford the thread! Grandmother