Sunday, May 24, 2009

Where did the time go?

It seems just like yesterday we said "I do", but it was 57 years ago. We were married at my folk's house and my Grandfather who was a minister performed the ceremony. We were surrounded by friends and family. My gown was a ballerina type with a full skirt, strapless with a lace jacket. My Aunt made the wedding cake which was decorated with real flowers from the garden. My husband's Father decorated our car with an elegant bride and groom with a big bow. We opened our gifts after the ceremony, and drove to Great Falls to have our wedding picture taken by a photographer. I think that my folks spent less than $150.00 for everything. Things have certainly changed when it comes to weddings today. It has been a good 57 years, lots of laughs, some tears but most of all learning how to understand each other. Today we were surrounded by our own family helping us celebrate. We are very fortunate to have the love of our children and grandchildren. Grandmother

2 comments:

  1. Your still a good lookin couple,
    a good time together shows..
    Hey, many more together is our wish!

    ReplyDelete