Friday, March 6, 2009

In the Kitchen


I finally found a biscuit recipe that is to die for...light, fluffy and melt in your mouth yum, yum good! I even substituted Smart Balance for the butter, because I don't know about you but I can't afford the saturated fat and cholesterol in butter. They might be better with butter but they were darn good without it! One thing to remember when you cut out the biscuits is don't twist the cutter as you pull it out...push in straight and pull out straight. By twisting you seal the edges and prevent the biscuit from lifting to those lofty, delicious heights. I especially recommend these warm out of the oven with a schmear of honey!


Well the biscuits didn't exactly take care of my chocolate craving, but these Cherry Chocolate Mounds did. I figure that since they have dried cherries in them I can count them as my fruit for the day...5 servings of fruit as a matter of fact! :) Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment