Friday, August 1, 2008

How Many Blondes Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb?

My mom doesn't usually act like a blonde, but yesterday she did.

The light bulb burnt out in my bedroom and my mom was visiting so she said she would take care of it. Around 11 a.m., I get a call at work and my mom is not a happy camper. She changed the light bulb, but she can't get the light fixture to fit back around the light. She's going on and on, so I said don't worry about it, I'll take care of it when I get home. She laughed haughtily and said, like you're going to know how to fix it, you don't know about this stuff.

Well, I get home and grab a chair to take a look. Again, she says, you're not going to be able to fix it. I take a look and what do you know, within five minutes I realized the problem--the light bulb was too big and that's why the light fixture wouldn't screw in. She stood there dumbfounded. She had tried for two hours to get the light fixture on when it took me five minutes. She can saw a piece of wood, build a fire, paint 14 ft. walls, but she can't change a light bulb! Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment