Monday, August 4, 2008

A Day Late!


I need to explain myself first off. I have never been one to remember anniversaries...including my own. There has been more than one occasion when I have totally forgotten my anniversary. This probably wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, except my husband has never forgotten...ever! In fact one year I sat down to an excellent meal that he had cooked and found a card sitting next to my plate and one next to his. Still clueless I asked why there was a card. As soon as I started to open the envelope it dawned on me. Another anniversary forgotten. My husband had bought a card not only for me but one for himself from me. Now when I get the calendar for a new year I immediately go to our anniversary and write it in.

But now there is another anniversary that I have missed. I didn't forget this one...although I admit that last year I did forget. Let me set the stage. I was looking for a special picture for the blog I was going to post on August 5th wishing my son and daughter-in-law a happy 5th anniversary. I was rifling through my photos and happened to come across the wedding program. Oh oh! The date wasn't August 5th, it was August 3rd and it wasn't their 5th anniversary it was their 6th! Six years! I really can't believe it has been six years!

At any rate I am little red in the face but none the less sending the most heartfelt love and warm wishes for a belated Happy Anniversary to my dear son and daughter-in-law!


You can bet that the 2009 calendar will not only have my anniversary date written in but also August 3rd before anything else is entered! Mom

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    We got married on the same day/year!
    Hope their day was as happy as ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for post Joan! I posted pics of the anniversary flowers Will got me on my Flickr account if you want to check it out.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63229123@N00/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Cat, that is something! Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary also.

    ReplyDelete