Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kaizen

I've learned a new word and I thought I was onto a chance to impress my daughter and my husband with my new-found knowledge. Talk about bursting my bubble...both dear daughter and dear husband were familiar with the principles of kaizen. Just in case you are like me and haven't heard of it before, kaizen is a Japanese concept of making improvements by making the smallest, simplest change. Why are the Japanese so smart? We try to do self-improvement by making grandiose resolutions and then are surprised when we fall flat on our faces in defeat. Sound familiar? The Japanese, on the other hand, recognize that success is more achievable by taking baby steps. Duh!! So I say forget about that New Year resolution of losing 20 pounds and just concentrate on trying to go one hour without a brownie! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment